Campus GothorumDownload technical sheetPhotoBuy
Fariña's premium wine. A limited production, terroir-driven wine made from 100% Tinta de Toro from pre-phyloxera, hand-picked, bush vines up to 140 years old. This spectacular muscle bound red is at the top of the region. Voted Top 3 best wines in Spain under 30 EUR in 2007.
Designation: 15 months in oak barrels
Variety: 100% Tinta de Toro
Winemaking: A wine made in the vineyard! Old Vines from 50 - 140 years old. Maceration for up to 25 days. Fermentation at 30 - 32ºC in stainless fermentation tanks before undergoing malolactic fermentation in 16,000l wooden tanks. 15 months in new premium French and American oak.
Tasting notes: A muscle bound yet elegant, modern Tinta de Toro full of complexity and everything that Toro has to offer. Intense fruit flavours (cherry, red berry fruits) with violets, spice and liquorice blended seemlessly together with vanilla, smoke and tobacco notes.
Consume: Within 5 - 15 years of the harvest.
Food pairing: All types of deeply flavoured foods especially red meats and cheeses.
Temperature: 15 - 18ºC
CAMPUS GOTHORUM 2018
- 96 points Guía VIVIR EL VINO 2022
- 95 points Guía GOURMETS 2022
- 94 points Guía PEÑIN 2022
CAMPUS GOTHORUM 2017
- 90 points Guía GOURMETS 2021
- 93 points Guía PEÑIN 2021
- Medalla de Bronce. DECANTER WORLD WINE AWARDS 2021
CAMPUS GOTHORUM 2016
- 94 points Guía GOURMETS 2020
- 94 points Guía PEÑIN 2020
GRAN COLEGIATA CAMPUS 2010
- Gold Bacchus. Madrid. March 2016
GRAN COLEGIATA CAMPUS 2009
- Zarcillo de Oro. PREMIOS ZARCILLO. (Avila-Spain) November 2015
GRAN COLEGIATA CAMPUS 2008
- BEST VALUE AND BEST PRICE. PROWEIN 2014, (Düsseldorf-Alemania), march 2014
- ZARCILLO DE PLATA. Concurso Internacional de Vino, (Valladolid-España), june 2013
- SILVER MEDAL. CWSA, China Wine & Spirits Awards, (Central-Hong Kong), march 2013
- GOLD MEDAL. CINVE. Concurso Internacional de Vinos y Espumosos, (Valladolid-España), november 2012
- GOLD MEDAL. Mundus Vini, Great International Wine Award,(Neustadt-Alemania), september 2012
GRAN COLEGIATA CAMPUS 2011
- 92 points Wine Spectator.