Pr1meroDownload technical sheetPhotoBuy
The region's first carbonic maceration wine. Dating back to 1995, a dutch importer challenged Manuel Fariña to make a carbonic maceration wine to offer the market something different. Fariña took up the challenge and this is the result. Every year, the label carries the winning work of art from the Fariña Primero art competition. Take a look at the Art Competition section of this website.
Designation: Carbonic maceration red wine
Variety: 100% Tinta de Toro
Winemaking: Carbonic maceration. Maceration and fermentation for 7 days at 20ºC in carbonic gas atmosphere in stainless steel tanks.
Tasting notes: Cherry red in colour with bright violet hints. On the nose there is a wide range of intense berry fruits with floral notes. On the palate it is fresh, fruit forward and juicy. Easy drinking, medium body.
Consume: 1 - 3 years alter the harvest
Food pairing: Almost anything. Fun on its own or with tapas, pasta, red meat and cheeses.
Temperature: 15 - 17ºC or even cooler on hotter days.
- 92 points. Guía ADN Verema 2023
- 93 points. Guía ADN Verema 2022
- 92 puntos. Guía VIVIR EL VINO 2023
- 91 points. Guía PEÑÍN 2023
- 91 points. Guía GOURMETS 2023
- Best Wine of the Year in the Vintage 2019-2020 category by the Spanish Association of Wine Journalists and Writers AEPEV. 2021.
- 91 points Guía PEÑIN 2022
- 93 points Guía GOURMETS 2022
- 93 points Guía GOURMETS 2021
- 90 points Guía PEÑIN 2021
- BACO DE ORO Award. XXXIII Baco Awards Harvest 2018. Spanish Tasters' Union. May2019.
- Best Wine of the Year in the Vintage 2018 category by the Spanish Association of Wine Journalists and Writers AEPEV. January 2019
- BACO DE ORO Award. Baco Cosecha 2017 Awards. XXXII National Tasting-Competition of Young Wines of the Spanish Tasters Union. May 2018